MEMORIAL – CHARNEL ON GUČEVO
On the mountain Gučevo it was built memorial-charnel in memory of the struggles waged on Gučevo during the First World War. Memorial charnel was built by the Association of reserve officers and warriors in 1929, it is 15 meters high and there were buried the remains of Serbian warriors and of Austro-Hungarian army. Environment of the monument is decorated, there has been built a belvedere, from which people can have a beautiful view to Podrinje, Pocerina, Semberija and Majevica.
MEMORIAL – CHARNEL ON CER
The memorial-charnel from the First World War and the Museum exhibition of the Battle of Cer were erected on the mountain Cer, in Tekeriš, and there are busts in front of them: the busts of the Duke Stepa Stepanović, Živojin Mišić, Radomir Putnik, Petar Bojović, the work of the sculptor Drinka Radovanović.
MEMORIAL – CHARNEL IN DRAGINAC
In memory of the tragic events from theSecond World War, a memorial charnel to executed villagers has been erected at the entrance to Draginac. It is the work of the academic sculptor Ostoja Gordanić.
MONUMENT TO VLADA ZEČEVIĆ
Vladimir Vlada Zečević (Loznica, 21. 03. 1903 – Belgrade, 26. 10. 1970) was an orthodox priest and socially-political worker of FNR Yugoslavia. In August 1941 he participated in raising a popular urprising together with Georgije Bojić from Tronoša. The sculptor of this monument is Antun Augustinčić.
MONUMENT TO VUK KARADŽIĆ
Vuk Stefanović Karadžić (Tršić, October 26/November 6, 1787 – Vienna, 7 February 1864) is the most important reformer of the Serbian language and script. He was a Serbian philologist, a collector of folk literature and author of the first dictionary of Serbian language. Vuk is the most significant figure in Serbian literature in the first half of XIX century. This is the work of the sculptor Miodrag Živković.
MONUMENT AND MEMORIAL-CHARNEL IN ČOKEŠINA
They are located in the monastery courtyard. The battle in Čokešina (on Lazar’s Saturday, April 1804) was waged between Serbian army under the command of brothers Nedić and Turkish armies on the hill Džajevac. In that fight brothers Nedić lost their lives, and in memory of them was erected a memorial-charnel with the monument of the heroes of Čokešina. It is the work of Italian sculptor Nicol Tu.
MONUMENT TO JOVAN CVIJIĆ
Jovan Cvijić (Loznica, 11. 10. 1865 – Belgrade, 16. 01. 1927) was Serbian geographer, a scholar of world renown. He was involved in both social and physical geography, ethnography, geology, anthropology and history. It is the work of sculptor Drinka Radovanović.
MONUMENT TO STEPA STEPANOVIĆ
Stepa Stepanović (Kumodraž, March 12, 1856 – Čačak, April 27, 1929) is a Serbian general who is considered one of the greatest heroes of Serbian military history. He was a famous Duke and General from the First World War and the creator of the first allied victory in 1914 on the mountain Cer. It is the work of sculptor Drinka Radovanović.
MONUMENT TO FILIP VIŠNJIĆ
The cinema works within the “Vuk Karadžić“ Cultural Center. Projections of films are shown daily in the hall of the cultural centre. In recent years there have been organized small festivals of children’s films and other projections.
“VUK KARADŽIĆ“ CULTURAL CENTRE
Vuk’s cultural center was built in 1937. Its construction was initiated by the Committee for raising Vuk’s memorial house in Tršić, on the day of celebration of the 150th anniversary of the birth of Vuk Karadžić. Apart from cinema and theater performances, concerts and various cultural events are also taking place there. Cultural and artistic association “Vuk Karadžić“ was established in 1850 and it is one of the oldest associations organized on Balkan.
GALLERY LEGACY OF MIĆA POPOVIĆ
This legacy was opened in the street of Jovan Cvijić No. 15, on October 28, 1989, in one of the most beautiful buildings in Loznica, in former home of trader Marijan Katić. At first it was the legacy of Mića, and then the legacy of Vera, in 1992. The legacy was created as a tribute of the artistic couple to Loznica. It contains paintings, prints, drawings, maps, monographs, books, photos, letters, diaries and personal objects of the author.
GALLERY “MINA KARADŽIĆ“
The gallery is named after the daughter of Vuk Karadžić, Vilhelmina – Mina Karadžić, who was responsible in the field of literary and artistic Serbian cultural history. In this gallery space various cultural events are taking place throughout the year: literary meetings, poetry readings, exhibitions.
HIGH SCHOOL “VUK KARADŽIĆ“
It was founded in 1871. 27 students were enrolled in the first grade. With an edict of the King Aleksandar Obrenović from 9 July 1896, the school was abolished. It was reopened in 1912, but at the beginning of the First World War it stopped working. At the beginning of 1919 the school is working again and for the first time it provides a fifth grade. Since 1933 it is working continuosly until the beginning of the World War II and it is one of the best equipped schools in Serbia. With a rich library and collections, teaching aids for certain subjects, it has a so-called “grade cinema“.
In honor of the centennial jubilee in 1971 it received the Order of Merit with Gold Star, and in 1997 Vuk’s Award for the outstanding contribution to the cultural development of Serbia.
LOCAL LIBRARY “VUK KARADŽIĆ“
National library “Vuk Karadžić“ was established in 1867. It owns a collection of around 80 000 books. The library is the organizer of a large number of literary events, debates, quizes. Very often in the library are held literary evenings and events.
MUSEUM OF JADAR
Museum of Jadar is opened on the 14th of September in 1987, on the 150th – anniversary of the birth of Vuk Karadžić. It is located in the building of the old city pharmacy with its permanent exhibition since 1986. It is a local museum with rich archeological, historical, numismatic and rich collection of medals, documents and almost all subjects from life of the area of Drina and Jadar since prehistoric times until 1950.
PRIMARY SCHOOL “ANTA BOGIĆEVIĆ“
The first school in Loznica was opened by Grgur Grgurević from Tršić, at the end of the XVIII century, more precisely in 1795. The biggest reformer of Serbian language, Vuk Stefanović Karadžić, attended this school. In 1995 this school celebrated 200 years of its existence and thus marked a rare anniversary, not only in Podrinje but in the whole Serbia, because only 8 schools existed in the form of global schools, according to the data of that time.
ARCHEOLOGICAL SITE PAULJE
In Paulje, the part of Brezjak, it was revealed the existence of some thirty historical mounds. With the search conducted in 1989 there has been found jewelery, weapons and pottery dating from the Bronze Age. Apart from these mounds in Jadar, similar mounds and the remains have also been found in Slatina, Šor, Donja Badanja, Runjani, Lešnica, Kozjak, Lipnica, Draginac and Jarebice.
It was built in 1928, according to a design of the architect Milan Minić, and it is the representative building of spa archtecture. Also, villas that are particularly standing out and that make Banja Koviljača one of the most beautiful in Serbia are villa “Hercegovina“ and villa “Katarina“.
“VUK KARADŽIĆ“ CULTURAL CENTRE
The building was built in 1936. It has a characteristic basis on which there are three parts: the upper floor street part has the same shape as the courtyard part, and they are connected with long terrestrial part where the cinema hall is located. The street facade has a symmetrical design: the semicircular projection carries three portals, with a semi-circular staircase in front of it. There are two windows on the left in the ground floor and two windows on the right. The street facade is framed by great stepped pilasters.
HIGH SCHOOL “VUK KARADŽIĆ“
An old high school building was built in 1871. There was originally formed the so-called Realka of Loznica, which had two grades and was among the top five in Serbia. Later were also authorized the third and the fourth grade.
THE BUILDING OF THE PRIMARY SCHOOL “ANTA BOGIĆEVIĆ“
The first school in Loznica began to work in 1795. In the old school Vuk Karadžić and Jovan Cvijić have gained the first knowledge. The current school building was built in 1928, as one of the most modern schools in Serbia at that time. It is located on the historical place where were the trenches of the First Serbian Urprising.
THE BUILDING OF THE PRIMARY SCHOOL “STEPA STEPANOVIĆ“
The building of the primary school in Tekeriš was built in 1884. This is a ground building. It is supposed that in the original variant one part of the school building had a flat for a teacher, so there are two entrances. On the main facade there is a series od high windows which are framed with decorative plastics. It was built using a combination of stone and brick walls, plastered and painted in white. The roof is hipped, covered with plain tiles.
THE BATHROOM OF THE KING PETAR I
The symbol of Banja Kovljača, spa ballroom “Kur-salon“ was built in the year 1932, under the patronage of King Aleksandar Karađorđević. This is a rare architectural structure with decorations in the French style and it was built for the entertainment of spa guests and rich people of that time. As such, it has preserved the spirit of past times and luxurious balls. From contents there are: the dance hall (450 seats), restaurant hall (220 seats), board room (150 seats), two oval and two round lounges, two summer terraces and a spacious parking.
MUSEUM OF JADAR
The building of the old pharmacy in Loznica is located in the center and it was built as a single-storey building. The corner part is notched, and there is an entrance with a staircase on it, and upstairs there is a semi-circular bay window with a dome. Upstairs it is set a balcony with a decorative fence from wrought iron. Decorative plastic is made under the influence of secession in combination with neo-Renaissance elements. On the 8th of December 1968 the Assembly of Municipality of Loznica decides to declare the building for a cultural asset, because it is the most beautiful example of urban architecture in this part of Serbia.
PARK WITH FOUNTAIN
Park in Banja Koviljača with the surrounding forest-park extends to 40 ha and it is one of the largest man-made parks in the country. Beautiful fountain is set in 1968 on the site of the fountain from 1908.