21. September 2015.

Monastery and church

TRONOSA

Tronosa is memorial of King Dragutin and Queen Katelina dates from 1317. The monastery Tronosa is connected with one of the most beautiful national custom: collective collecting and contributing of wax or money to the monastery for MaunThursday, for making wax candles called agricultural or ploughman’s candles. Even in the hardest historical days of the region this custom never ceased. Only the candles were smaller, they hardly weighted few kilogrames, while today’s weight is about 50 kilogrames and are over 2 metres high. It is well – known for the custom known as Ratarske svece.

The monastery complex contains the Museum of Vuk’s early education, the gallery and monastic residences. Nearby, there is a chapel of St. Pantelejmon and the Fountain of nine Jugovic brothers.


COKESINA

The construction of the monastery started at the end of 14th century, and it was finished in the first half of 15th century.  The monastery church is dedicated to Holy Mother’s Birth. According to the legend, Milos Obilic’s mother built the church after she had found out that her son was killed in the Battle on Kosovo, in 1389. On Lazarus Saturday, in 1804, there was a battle on Cokesina, when 300 Serbian soldiers, led by Nedic brothers, were killed in a combat against 1500 Turkish. In history, this place is known as Serbian Thermopylae.

THE CHURCH DEDICATED TO THE PROTECTION OF THE MOST HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Loznica’s church dedicated to Shroud of Holy Mother from 1873 is located near the primary school “Arita Bogicevic”. There are tree small and one big belfry and the church was erected on hill so it can he seen from everywhere.

CHURCH DEDICATED TO THE ASCENSION OF CHRIST

On the way from Loznica to Trsic, on a lot that belonged to Vuk Karadzic, a church dedicated to the Ascension of Christ has been built.
phoca_thumb_l_098phoca_thumb_l_099LAGATOR