The village Trsic is the special memorial complex in Loznica’s municipality. The complex represents a village of “Dinars type” of the 19th century and has a special touristic and cultural value. The village Trsic is located in Jadar, 7 kilometres far from Loznica. The village is under the hillside of Gucevo mountain, and the small river Zeravija that runs through the whole complex.
In the world literature, Trsic is known as the native village of Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic, a writer and reformer of Serbian language. The whole complex represents a special out door museum. An asphalt road leads to the complex, and there are many asphalt paths or macadam paths in the complex.
The complex spreads over 5,3 ha. 35 facilities are brought into the complex from nearby villages of Jadar and Radjevina. All facilities (houses, wooden huts, old storage house, dairies, pavillions, barns, mills, church, actually all facilities that were included in an old serbian household) are being protected. Today, these facilities today consist of: the Museum’s exibit of Vuk’s fairs, Memorial house of the village’s teacher, the Gallery, the Guest’s house, the wooden church of St Archangel Michael, wooden huts where old handicrafts are displayed, apartments for guest’s accomodation, and the national restaurant “Vukovi vajati”.
Vuk’s property, as a special separate unity inside the comlex, consists of Vuk’s memorial house built in 1933, the two wooden huts, the pavillion and the barn. The souvenir shop is at the entrance of the property.
Trsic is the most visited during pupil’s excursions, as well as during traditional manifestations: Vuk’s Fair and Vuk’s fair for pupils. During summertime and weekends, Trsic is favourite picnic site of Loznica’s inhabitants and is also visited by all fans of Vuk’s deed and nature. The complex is under state’s protection, and is ruled by The Center of culture “Vuk Karadzic” in Loznica.